Monday 23 July 2012

"We can't blame Heath or the character" says Heath Ledger's father

After the tragic incident in Aurora, we heard from Christopher Nolan and the rest of The Dark Knight Rises cast and crew who sent their condolences to the victims and families who were involved in the massacre on Friday. 


It was revealed that James Holmes (who was the cause of the evil) had actually modeled himself after Batman nemesis "The Joker". Holmes had even dyed his beard and hair orange (even though it has nothing to do with Jokers appearance at all as far as I'm concerned). He had blamed his actions under the fictional character and also the latest person to act the Joker, Heath Ledger.
As Ledger had unfortunately passed away, he can't really have a say in the matter, but luckly his father can...


 “It's terrible - the whole circumstances. It's diabolical. I am appalled. The guy's obviously a nut case. He has obviously lost it. 

I think what America should be doing is restricting the availability of ammunition or revisiting their gun laws - that's what they should be doing. 

We can't blame Heath or the character. It's fictitious. I don't know what this does to the character. I think that's the least of my worries.”



Personally, I am absolutely appalled about Holmes blaming the recently deceased actor for acting the character so well.
He is in control of his own actions and I think he's just not used to owing up to his own mistakes. 

No comments: