Thursday 1 November 2012

SKYFALL review

I went to see Skyfall today with couple of friends and once the movie finished, all my friends were saying what I was thinking: 'This movie is worst than Quantum of Solace... and that's saying something!'.
Frankly, I was rather disappointed with this movie. This was released to celebrate 50 years of seeing Bond on the big screen and this did not live up to expectations.

We are use to seeing our favorite spy in exotic locations and travelling all over the world, with the film  starting off with an action scene, then going on to flirting, a few quips are said, gadgets used and then goes straight onto a final scene/showdown against the 'bad guy'. This movie follows this routine, yet it just doesn't seem that the film was fully complete.
Granted they had gone to countries such as Turkey and Shanghai, but only for 5 minutes! This movie mainly focused on the UK (which I don't mind, after being born and raised in the UK), but what happened to all those beautiful scenes and fighting in desirable, decorative buildings/ scenes and all we got was a battle in an old, battered house up North in Scotland!

The final struggle to be held in the house where Bond grew up was a rather clever move I have to say, but the setting just wasn't that glamorous, neither was it colourful.

M (Jedi Dench) IS actually the Bond girl in this flick and I have to admit is a pretty good move and rather interesting. Her back story is revealed to revolve around the villain of the story (which you will discover).

The villain is to be honest the best villain in the whole of the Daniel Craig 'Bond' Universe. He is the most memorable and most interesting. The one fault that I had about this character was that he reminded me of Dark Knight Rises' Bane.

The really enjoyed all the references that the film included which fans will enjoy, but there is one point where they blow up a certain car, which may bring tears to hardcore fans eyes.

I enjoyed this movie, but not as much as I should have I don't think. I found it to be a little bit of a disappointment, so I rate this movie a generous 6 out of 10.

No comments: